Primary function is to provide personal healthcare and related services to the client in their place of residence; to assist in providing save and clean environment, work cooperatively with patient and supervision of a registered nurse.
Director of Clinical Services
Education: High School Diploma or GED Required
Licensure: Must have a current valid drivers license and CNA certificate
Experience: At least one year experience in the last 24 months as a Home Health Aide or Nursing Assistant or Certified Home Health Aide Program within the last 24 months.
Skills: Must be able to read and write English and follow written and verbal instructions in English effectively. Demonstrates interest in the welfare of ill and elderly. Proof of current CPR, and Hepatitis profile. Aide Competency Evaluation Skills Checklist and written Skills Test.
Transportation: Reliable transportation. Valid and current auto liability insurance
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Works in patient’s homes in various conditions, possible exposure to blood and body fluids and infectious diseases; ability to work flexible schedules, ability to travel locally; some exposure to unpleasant weather.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL EFFORTS
Prolonged standing and walking required. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and move patients. Requires working under some stressful conditions to meet deadlines, to identify patient needs, to make quick decisions and meet patient/family psycho social needs. Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to utilize durable medical equipment in the home.
- Provide direct patient care to patient under direction of the RN and according to the Aide Plan of care and to include personal hygiene, ambition, exercise, safe transfers and other supportive as assigned.
- Appropriately report changes in patient's condition.
- Complete appropriate documentation in a timely manner.
- Practice accepted infection control principles.
- Promote positive, supportive, respectful communication to patient/family and other employees.
- Provide a clean, safe and comfortable environment which promotes respect for patient, privacy and property.
- Provide skills necessary to assist the patient with proper nutrition and adequate fluid intake.
- Demonstrate commitment,professional growth and competency by attending 12 hours of in-services per year.
- Promote the agency philosophy and administrative polices to ensure quality care.